Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Limpkinw.com

Hey all! I had to move servers and the old version of Vbulletin was not compatible so I did an update.

I know there is no activity here but we do get a lot of visitors, and quote a few old school Yahoo Gamers come by once in a while so I'd hate to take the site down.

Anyways I am going to try to reactivate user registration so some of the folks who forgot their login info can make new accounts.

Maybe I will get a bug up my a$$ and add back in the old arcade and stuff.

I am sorry for the UGLY theme but I will get that fixed at some point!

I hope everyone is well!!!!
See more
See less

So yea

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn I was a little kid, like 13 when I was on this site. 24 now lol.

Sorry for all my immature posts you guys had to put up with.

Man oh man, the good ole days!

~~~~~O\/\/nage~~~~~

I am glowing

Comment

This place is still breathing!

Comment

Still alive and barely breathing lol. Mark I made an email address for you a long time ago which i think you used for a while. I just closed it down a while back because the mailbox grew too big (meaning it was filling with spam or other emails) I had to remove i to preserve space on the server.

Good to see ya
        ~ Rll~

Comment

barely breathing cuz u been humping that cheese for so long without stopping. miss u bro

Comment

Good to see ya man! I think I heard they closed down yahoo games, at least the type we all used to play. An era has ended haha.
            ~ Rll~

Comment

Hello everyone

Good day everyone,

Nostalgia... as I see all of your replies and all the memories start to flourish in my mind like it was yesterday a wide bright smile rises on my face.

Its been a while since I have been in touch with all of you and well... I have seen my webpage that I made specially for reset days... good old memories... and to see that everyone enjoyed it as much as I did its just overwhelming.

I am now 34 yo and married and still in Mexico... havent you figured out who am I? cuatillo!

I tried to play chees.net but it seemed to me as a scam nowadays. However, I will be keen to come back and ocasionally play with anyone of you a migthy 1/0, which wasnt my strongest as 1/1.

I havent played in a while (I would say 10+ years) but I had good teachers. To remember the chess pyramid, everest, fuji, k2 and open lounge would bring back a complete 'era' of my life.

I have seen that many of you are, somehow, still in touch. Its really amazing.

Rits, IPC, Limp, Andrei, Suziss, Pope, a1, sk, stevencarver, elwyn,proadira, pino, mankind, and so many others you all have a place in my heart

I leave you something I found along the way to get here:
              Famour Yahoo Chess Nicknames:
              http://www.oocities.org/that_pope/famousnames.html

My personal favorite, and my website from that time:
              http://www.reocities.com/SunsetStrip/auditorium/8128/

It includes the reset stories to a point.

I wish you all good and to be safe, please stay in touch

Your always friend and amigo
              cuatillo
              Alex

Comment

Holy ****, this is still around. Came across the old 1/0 player thread. Once began on Yahoo as a 15 year old, now 33, played some 1/0 on lichess for the first online bullet in over a decade. I look at the Youtubers like ChessExplained, ChessNetwork and Kingscrusher and wonder how they'd do against the old Yahoo legends.

Crazy stuff - hope everyone's been doing well in the path they ended up on. Except Utah...hope he found a pacifier at some point. :P

Comment

yooo

How bizarre is this? I randomly thought about the good old days tonight and ventured over here. Ironically I talk about my Yahoo fun with my co-workers now and then... in my Cyber Security department (made an IT career out of it)

Comment

Originally posted by Octo
                    Crazy stuff - hope everyone's been doing well in the path they ended up on. Except Utah...hope he found a pacifier at some point. :P
                    Octocock lmao.

Die faggot.
                    Formerly Utah.

Comment

http://www.tributes.com/obituary/sho...ayan-103086374

Is this sk?

EDIT: Did some research via googling and I think it is. Yes I remembered his full name.

RIP SK.
                      Last edited by led_chesselin; 12-30-2016, 02:47 AM.
                      Formerly Utah.

Comment

damn guys. I just randomly had limpkinw pop into my head today and sure enough it's still here.

Big props for keeping this site running man.

~~~~~O\/\/nage~~~~~

I am glowing

Comment

Working...
                        X