Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Limpkinw.com

Hey all! I had to move servers and the old version of Vbulletin was not compatible so I did an update.

I know there is no activity here but we do get a lot of visitors, and quote a few old school Yahoo Gamers come by once in a while so I'd hate to take the site down.

Anyways I am going to try to reactivate user registration so some of the folks who forgot their login info can make new accounts.

Maybe I will get a bug up my a$$ and add back in the old arcade and stuff.

I am sorry for the UGLY theme but I will get that fixed at some point!

I hope everyone is well!!!!
See more
See less

Linux FAQ [under construction]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux FAQ [under construction]

Linux.

You may have heard the term before, but what is it exactly?

First, what its not:
    • A DOS-like, singletasking, hard to use operating system
    • A pure command prompt. There are many Desktop Environments to choose from such as Enlightenment

Now what it is:

Linux (often pronounced LIH-nuhks with a short "i") is a Unix-like operating system that was designed to provide personal computer users a free or very low-cost operating system comparable to traditional and usually more expensive Unix systems. Linux has a reputation as a very efficient and fast-performing system.
    Linux is a remarkably complete operating system, including a graphical user interface, an X Window System, TCP/IP, the Emacs editor, and other components usually found in a comprehensive Unix system. Although copyrights are held by various creators of Linux's components, Linux is distributed using the Free Software Foundation's copyleft stipulations that mean any modified version that is redistributed must in turn be freely available.
    Why should I use linux?
    • It's free
    • There is no spyware or adware
    • No known viruses

Where can I get linux?
    Refer to http://distrowatch.cz and pick a distribution. For newbies, it is best to select the higher ranked distributions as they are the easiest to setup and most user-friendly
    Last edited by Mark__C; 07-25-2006, 04:54 AM.

linux has viruses silly :P not many but a couple.

Comment

Working...
    X